Open Source Beginner’s Bootcamp
I am sure you are excited about the Open Source Hackathon on 2nd Nov 2019. To help everyone warm up and ready to go, we have organized a beginner’s bootcamp for people who have not contributed to open-source before to come and make your first pull request (PR).
Though this event is designed for beginners who will be attending the hackathon, it is not limited to those. Anyone who would like to make the PR for the first time, even not going to the hackathon you are also welcome. For non-beginner hackathon participants, you are also welcome to help mentoring others or social with other participants and talk about what you want to contribute in the hackathon.
As usual, we will give priority to join the sprint to the people who:
- Experienced open source contributors
- People from underrepresented minorities in our sprints
In addition, we will give priority to participants of the Open Source Hackathon
- 6:00pm: Food and networking
- 6:30pm: Presentation of the sponsor, community announcements
- 6:45pm: Start of the workshop
The day of the sprint
- Register for a GitHub account if you have not done so
- Bring your own laptop (fully charged if you can)
- Join the London Python Sprints Telegram
Code of Conduct
- Please be reminded that all participants are expected to follow the NumFOCUS Code of Conduct
Thanks to Man Group for hosting this event!
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $112.7 billion (as at 30 September 2019) of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Man Group’s Quant Technology team works at the intersection where open and collaborative technology meets discretionary and systematic trading. We are committed to promoting a flourishing Python ecosystem and growing the community around open source projects. Over the years, Man Quant Technology developers have contributed to many projects (check out github.com/manahl) and we also sponsor the PyData and Machine Learning meet-ups in London.
RSVP: Click here
Date: 31 October 2019
1 Angel Ln,
London EC4R 3AB