Django Project Sprint for Hacktoberfest
This time we will have Django project sprint. What does it means? It means that we will be working on Django or Django related projects. Projects which use Django and tutorials about Django are also included!
Like all other sprints, we will be working in groups to contribute, it will be a dojo this time so if you have a project that you are working/ want to work on, as long as it is Django related, bring it! If you have no idea/ have not work in a Django project before, you can join the others to contribute.
This year in October, you will only need to make 4 pull requests to win the Hacktoberfest challenge (Free T-shirt!), make sure to sign up if you have not done so: https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/
As usual, we will give priority to join the sprint to the people who:
- Experienced open source contributors
- People from underrepresented minorities in our sprints
- 6:00pm: Food and networking
- 6:30pm: Presentation of the sponsor, community announcements
- 6:45pm: Start of the workshop
The day of the sprint
- Bring your own laptop if you can
- Join the Gitter channel of the sprint
Code of Conduct
- Please be reminded that all participants are expected to follow the NumFOCUS Code of Conduct
Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. Built by experienced developers, it takes care of much of the hassle of Web development, so you can focus on writing your app without needing to reinvent the wheel. It’s free and open source.
More information about Django: https://www.djangoproject.com/
Set up instructions
Please follow the instruction in this link: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/
RSVP: Click here
Date: 24 October 2019